PMO Conference 2018 \\ Is it Time for PMOs to Admit Defeat with Lessons Learned Processes? – Martin Paver
Or is there another solution? Organisations struggle to capture and apply the lessons learned from project delivery. It remains a wicked problem for our profession, yet it holds the key to a step change in project delivery productivity. Having collated over 15,000 lessons learned from a wide range of organisations Martin has identified a significant variance in how lessons are identified, captured and leveraged. Are we approaching the point where we abandon conventional approaches because they are failing to deliver quantifiable results? This session will provide insights into:
- The data collated from 15,000 lessons learned, highlighting the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Some of the challenges that often frustrate implementation.
- Whether we should abandon the idea of ‘lessons learned’.
- The foundations for how our profession could develop a transformational approach.
- An understanding of how a broad cross section of organisations manage ‘lessons learned’, what works and what doesn’t.
- Some insights into how to direct PMO effort to secure the best results with limited resources.
- A glimpse into a possible future.