Essentials for PMO Analysts
The APMG Accreditation
The House of PMO Essentials course range is accredited by APMG International.
Develop Your PMO Role
The first House of PMO Essentials course was an entry level qualification for PMO Administrators. This new offering is for the next PMO role – PMO Analysts.
The House of PMO sets the standard and the syllabus for the Essentials for PMO Analyst qualification.
If you’re new to the PMO Analyst role, or hoping to become one soon, this course will help give you knowledge and the understanding to undertake the role.
Find out more about the course and the certification.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn the purpose of the four key roles in a Project Management Office; Administrator, Analyst, Manager and Director
- Understand the purpose and contents of a PMO Service Catalogue and what’s involved in the set-up, running and closure of a PMO Service
- Explore the responsibilities, knowledge, skills and behaviour needed to be a successful PMO Analysts. Including key delivery support and P3M enabling competences.
Who is the Essentials for PMO Analysts Course for?
The Essentials for PMO Analysts course is aimed at current and aspiring PMO Analysts.
The following pre-requisites are applicable for this scheme:
• Essentials for PMO Administrators
• A Foundation certificate in either PRINCE2, PRAXIS Framework™️, AgilePM®️, MSP, PRINCE2 Agile, APM PFQ, PMQ, PM4SD™️, PMP®️, PgMP®️, or CAPM.
• Any other formally recognised Project Management certification at a Foundation level (including internal or non-certified courses)
How Do I Take the Course?
You can take the course through any training provider who is an accredited training organisation of APMG International.
APMG International are responsible for ensuring each training provider meets the standards required to deliver the courses and exams. You can find out which companies are currently providing the Essentials for PMO Analysts.
Download the Brochure
Essentials for PMO Analysts has been launched by House of PMO and APMG International, you can now download the short brochure on the course [available here]
Where can I take the course?
Training providers are accredited by APMG International to offer the course, to see the list of providers, visit the APMG International website.
How much does the training cost?
Each training provider sets the price of the course they run. Prices may vary and ensure you check that the examinations are included in their prices.
To find out which training providers offer the course – check the APMG International website.
Can I self-study for this course?
No, the course is only available through the training providers accredited by APMG International to deliver the courses.
What type of exam is it?
The Essentials for PMO Analysts examination is 90 minutes duration, with 75 questions.
The pass mark is 50% or more of the marks, i.e. 38 or more marks out of 75.
The exam is multiple choice and is closed-book.