The House of PMO and the Healthcare Project and Change Association (HPCA) launched their new partnership in October 2023 which will provide PMO professionals working in the NHS today with a PMO network and community to support their professional development and help promote PMO as a change profession across the NHS.
HPCA, the professional association for project, programme, portfolio and change management practitioners working in the NHS today have partnered with the House of PMO to provide NHS-based PMO practitioners with all the benefits from the House of PMO membership.
PMO practitioners will have access a wide range of career-enhancing opportunities such as training and development, events, career resources and access to a dedicated NHS PMO network and community of practice.
Anyone working in PMO within the NHS can become part of the PMO network – through HPCA membership or House of PMO membership.
You can become a part of your NHS PMO network in many different ways.
As an individual, you can join the House of PMO as a member and receive an NHS employee discount! You can see via the table below what that includes.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to HPCA to receive updates and newsletters with information about the profession, the latest insights, dates for all their events, and useful information from the HPCA
- By subscribing you will receive updates and newsletters with information about the profession, the latest insights, dates for all HPCA events.
- Access to Healthcare Project and Change Community (HPCC): You’ll find a huge amount of relevant information on learning and development opportunities, conferences and events, professional body memberships and publications, standards, Best Management Practice guidance, specific interest groups and so much more.
- Project & Change Academy: Online Learning: Explore the modules aimed at developing basic project and change knowledge in all NHS staff.
- ED&I in Project Management Network: Made up of volunteers from across the healthcare system. It is a working group open and accessible to all, which includes those that have an interest, passion, or influence in EDI organisational decision making.
- Professional Body Membership: We have Corporate Partner Membership with the Association for Project Management (APM). Anyone working in health and care with a HPCA subscription can access these resources. You can receive a 50% discount when you join APM an individual member.
House of PMO MembershipIndividual Membership
- Extend your individual subscription of HPCA and join the House of PMO with an exclusive NHS employee discount.
- Access to the NHS PMO Network – join your community of practice to learn, network and share with other PMO practitioners from across health and care
- Join all the PMO focused events (at least one a week!) which focus on core PMO topics and challenge areas. Sessions take place virtually and in-person featuring guest speakers, authors, interactive sessions, webinars, and social networking events.
- Access to the extensive member content library which features all the past events, presentations, video, insights, conference sessions and more. There is something for everyone regardless of the level of PMO or role you work in.
- Access to PMO focused reports and whitepapers – annual reports which focus on core topic areas for PMO practitioners.
- Access to the PMO Competency Framework and the online self-assessment tool – utilise the tool to help with career planning and development.
- Further discounts on the annual conference and shop purchases.
Organisation Level Membership
There are a number of different ways your organisation can become a part of the NHS PMO network.
If your organisation is a member of the HPCA, as an additional benefit you may be able to access corporate membership to the House of PMO.
A limited number of House of PMO corporate memberships will be assigned based on your organisation, Trust, or ICS’s HPCA membership.
HPCA MembershipOrganisation Membership
- Different options available based on the size of your workforce
- Education and training for all staff
- Frameworks, toolkits and guidance
- Workforce development and talent management
- Exclusive webinars and event discounts
- Organisational accreditation awards
- Community networks and SIGs
- Newsletter bulletins
- Implementation guidance and benefits reports.
House of PMO MembershipOrganisation Membership
- If your organisation is a member of the HPCA, as an additional benefit you may be able to access corporate membership to the House of PMO.
- PMO professionals in your organisation have full access to House of PMO events, the extensive member content library, reports and papers, access the PMO Competency and self-assessment
- PMO practitioners access to NHS PMO events with HPCA and House of PMO
- *A limited number of House of PMO corporate memberships will be assigned based on your organisation, Trust, or ICS’s HPCA membership.
Who are HPCA?
The HPCA was established in 2022, building on the NHS Project Futures community of practice which was established in 2017.
HPCA are the Healthcare Project and Change Association – focused on creating new futures in the NHS and health and care (Health and Care because ICS and ICB’s are the way of the future which integrate across NHS and social care) for project, programme, portfolio and change management practitioners.
HPCA supports the development and upskilling of the project and change community in the NHS and health and care. It achieves this through capability frameworks; conferences, workshops, apprenticeship schemes, webinars, podcasts, and learning and development opportunities.
“With the launch of the HPCA we will be at the forefront of a movement to ensure that we as project and change professionals are recognised as being key to the restoration, recovery and sustainability of our NHS”.
Gareth Nicholls, Head of Programme Management Office, University Hospital of North Midlands NHS Trust
Who are House of PMO?
Established in 2013, the House of PMO was launched to provide a home for PMO practitioners to help develop themselves, support the development of others and contribute to the development of the PMO profession.
The House of PMO is a professional body which provides guidance and support through the creation of standards, generating resources, hosting events and conferences, condusting studies and research, providing a platform to talk and exchange, creating training opportunities and publishing content and works.
The House of PMO supports anyone working in PMO today.
“With the backing of the PMO community, we’re confident that we can realise the vision of seeing the PMO becoming a recognised profession.”
Lindsay Scott and Eileen Roden, Co-Founders
Ready to Join Your NHS PMO Network?
Join HPCA Today
It’s easy to get started, visit the HPCA website today and join up as an individual or get in touch directly with HPCA to start your organisation membership
Join the House of PMO
Extend your membership with HPCA and become a member of the House of PMO. The House of PMO offers individal and organisation membership, find out more about getting started
How do I receive the discount on the House of PMO membership?
If you’re working in the NHS today and have a NHS email, your membership will be automatically discounted when you purchase your membership.
How do I become a member of the House of PMO?
Just head over to the Membership sign up page and choose which level of membership you would prefer. Follow the instructions and complete your purchase. Your discount is automatically generated based on your NHS email address.
I’m already a member of the House of PMO and work for the NHS, how can I claim my discount?
When your current subscription comes to an end (House of PMO memberships run on an annual basis) just sign up for your new subscription using your NHS email address and the discount will be automatically applied.
How do I become a member of the HPCA?
Individuals working in health and care today can become ‘subscribers’ of the HPCA. The benefits of becoming a ‘subscriber’ are listed above. Head over to the HPCA website and subscribe today.
You can become a ‘member’ of HPCA if your NHS organisation is a member.
How do I find out if my NHS organisation is already a member of the House of PMO?
Just get in touch with the House of PMO contact page and we’ll be happy to help.
How do I find out if my NHS organisation is already a member of the HPCA?
Just get in touch with the HPCA and we’ll be happy to assist you.