Maturity in the PMO World
Organisational maturity; PMO maturity and your own maturity too.
It’s a subject that often comes up when talking about challenges in delivery organisations – and of course in our own PMOs. In the session, we shared a number of detailed slides to cover the three different aspects.
Let’s start by taking a look at the 10 minute recorded session and a closer look at those slides:
The 10 Minute Video Session
1. The Three Different Aspects
2. Organisational Maturity
3. Organisational Maturity – Network Rail’s 4.4 Assessment
Wajjahat Khan from Network Rail delivered a session at the PMO Conference last year on Supporting and Facilitating the Highest Ever P3M3 Assessment – PMO 4.4
4. Organisational Maturity – Some Network Rail Insights
You can also take a look at the detailed case study [download available here]
5. PMO Maturity – The PMO Maturity Cube
You can read about the model here in this [PMI Conference paper]
6. The PMO Maturity Cube
7. PMO Maturity – AIPMO on Single PMOs
8. PMO Maturity – A Different View
9. Your Own Maturity as a Practitioner in PMO
We know lots of PMO practitioners have their own in-house competency frameworks and assessments – for others, there’s not much out there in the wider market that specifically focuses on PMO.
10. The PMO Flashmob Competency Framework
PMO Flashmob have been working on a PMO Competency Framework for over two years now and will be completed this year (we’re nearly there!) This snapshot shows where we are a few months ago.
On the left are the industry competency frameworks that already exist – you can always check these out and assess specific knowledge and skills against these.