Agile Portfolio Management – Ed Holt & Barbara Roberts
In many organisations, infrequent consideration of business strategy and annual budgeting cycles results in static portfolios often created 6-18 months ahead of the initiation of the Programmes and Projects they contain. In this session, Ed and Barbara explore how to create and run portfolios of projects, programmes and business as usual initiatives in an agile way.
For Portfolio PMOs the Agile Portfolio Management approach covers key areas including agile portfolio budgeting; prioritisation and blending; governance and fulfilment.
Some of the themes explored will be:
- The Agile Organisation and how it can help CEOs and other senior executives reach their goals, do more for less and be competitive and responsive in an a constantly changing world.
- What is Agile Portfolio Management, how it contributes to the agile business, how it differs from traditional portfolio management.
- Key tips on how the PMO can contribute to make Agile Portfolio Management work in your organisations
- Understand the core themes of Agile Portfolio Management
- Take away practical tips on how Agile Portfolio Management works in reality
- Understand the role of the Portfolio PMO in Agile Portfolio Management