The PMO Supports More Than Just Projects
We Care About the People We Work With
PMO practitioners are ideally placed in busy and often stressful delivery organisations to provide wellbeing support. Becoming a Mental Health First Aider gives you the skills and confidence to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues and effectively guide a person towards the right support
Join the Training Session
The House of PMO is putting together a cohort of PMO practitioners who are interested in becoming a Mental Health First Aider, we’re all going to learn together
About the Course
Learning takes place through four live training sessions, spread across two weeks, with self-learning activities in between. You’ll be learning with other PMO practitioners so the work situations talked about in the training will be very relevant to all of us.
It’s also a great way to connect and network with other PMO practitioners whilst you’re learning.
The House of PMO has partnered with Stress Matters to offer a great price for the course too.
It normally costs £247 + VAT
For House of PMO members its – £175+VAT!
Take the Course With Us
Register Your Interest
This course trains you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Really helpful James – thank you and I would be interested in the MHFA course 😀
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
What You'll Learn
You’ll be learning about the five-step MHFA action plan, and developing the skills to:
- Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Give support and information
- Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Encourage other supports
>> Find out more from the Guide to Being a Mental Health First Aider.
You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
Why It Matters
Almost a third (31%) of staff said that they would consider leaving their current role within the next 12 months if stress levels in their organisation did not improve and work-related mental ill health costs UK employers up to £26 billion every year through lost working days, staff turnover and lower productivity. However many business leaders still admit to prejudice against people with mental health issues in their organisation.
Just two of the reasons why organisations are investing in staff mental health, take a look at the other eight reasons.
Want to Join the Course?
Get in touch and express your interest, we will then be able to choose the dates that work the best for everyone. Complete the form above or give us a call.